Learn More About Our Team:
Terri E. Ives, Sc.D, Au.D.Board Certified Doctor of Audiology
Terri Ives, Sc.D., Au.D. specializes in all areas of vestibular (dizziness related to the ear) and balance disorder evaluation and treatment, as well as hearing loss diagnosis and treatment. Her areas of special interest include mild traumatic brain injury, otolith disorders, neurological disorders related dizziness, pediatric vertigo, migraine related vertigo and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV).
Dr. Ives excels in the evaluation of difficult to test patients of all ages from infant through adult populations. Difficult diagnostic cases where patients require many medical professionals to work together are an area of particular interest.
Dr. Ives has been an invited and featured speaker at over 25 national conferences in the area of dizziness. She has been featured in and written several journal articles and is currently publishing research in the areas of traumatic brain injury, hearing loss, and vestibular disorders.
Dr. Ives has served as the Chief of Audiology, Director of Diagnostics and Clinical Research Director at facilities that include Stanford Hospital, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Hearing Institute for Children and Adults, NeuroKinetics and Sound ID. She has taught doctoral students in audiology as a full time professor at Salus University. She has taught otologists, neurotologists, neurologists, audiologists, neuro-opthamologists, nurses, and physical therapists around the world how to diagnose dizzy patients.
- Doctor of Science Degree
Boston University, Boston MA
- Doctor of Audiology Degree
Salus University, Elkins Park, PA
- Graduate Degree
Masters of Science in Audiology
Boston University, Boston MA
- Undergraduate Degree
B.S. in Communication Disorders
Honors, Minors in Science & Psychology
Emerson College, Boston MA
- Veterans Administration Hospital, Boston MA
- Burton Jaffe, M.D., P.C., Chestnut Hill, MA
- Vestibular Advanced Fellowship
- Boston Medical Center, Boston MA
- The multidisciplinary approach and its effect on the diagnosis and outcome of the dizzy patient. Boston University, 1998.
- Board Certification
- American Board of Audiology
- Licensure and Certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A), American Speech- Language-Hearing Association
- Colorado License in Audiology
- Current Board and Committee Positions
- Chair: Measure Development And Reporting Working Group, American Academy of Audiology: representing the Academy to The National Quality Forum and the Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement
- Vice President of Professional Issues, Colorado Academy of Audiology
- Committee Member: Physician’s Quality Reporting Initiative Consortium
- Committee Member: State Leaders Network, American Academy of Audiology
- Advisory Board Member Audiology Online
- Research and Presentation Review Board Member, Audiology Online
- Professional Societies
- American Academy of Audiology – Fellow
- American Balance Society – Fellow
- American Auditory Society – Fellow
- Colorado Academy of Audiology – Fellow
- American Speech, Language Hearing Association – Member
- Vestibular Disorders Association – Member
- US Patents
- 13/080,981: Method and apparatus for corrective secondary saccades analysis with video oculography system. Filed April 6, 2011
- 20030078515: System and method for remotely calibrating a system for administering interactive hearing tests. Filed October 12, 2001.
- Place of Birth: Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Interests: Family Time, Home Improvement, Hiking, Skiing, Travel
Carly LangLicensed Audiologist
Carly Lang, Au.D, is a licensed audiologist who has been with the Hearing and Balance Institute since June 2013. She graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences in 2009, earning additionally a minor in linguistics and an interdisciplinary certificate in cognitive science. She then went on to complete her Doctor of Audiology, graduating again from the University of Colorado in 2013. Throughout her doctoral program, Dr. Lang fulfilled clinical rotations at various practices around the Denver/metro area. Her fourth year externship was completed at Denver Health Medical Center, where she worked with a very diverse population, including low-income families, non-English speaking families, refugees, and patients from the Colorado Department of Corrections. She also spent nearly three years working as a volunteer for Boulder Community Hospital performing hearing screenings on newborns in both the well-baby and neonatal intensive care units.
Dr. Lang is a member of both the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association.
In her spare time, Dr. Lang enjoys reading, spending time with her friends and family and exploring beautiful Colorado. She also enjoys martial arts, and has been training since she was 15 years old. She earned her black belt in Taekwondo in high school, and has actively been training in Shaolin Kempo since 2010.
Laura Mereness, MAPatient Care Coordinator and Office Manager
The patients of Hearing and Balance Institute receive individualized attention to their needs thanks to the work of our Patient Care Coordinator and Office Manager, Laura Mereness. Laura believes in the importance of giving excellent customer service. In addition, she is experienced in working with individuals with special needs including deaf, non-verbal and hard of hearing members of the community.
Laura brings nearly three decades of Management experience to our office including the past twenty years in the Healthcare Industry. Laura has had extensive training in coding, billing, insurance, medical records, scheduling, precertification, credentialing, practice management, customer service, human resource management. Her talents and knowledge have been utilized for consulting and training by many Health Care Facilities. She is also experienced with governmental regulations regarding health care including HIPAA. She is our HIPAA Compliance Officer. Laura has completed a Bachelors of Fine Arts and Masters in Health Care Management degrees.
She is well versed in all aspects of health insurance and is able to help you understand your benefits. Laura will be happy to assist you and address any concerns you may have as she prides herself on giving excellent customer service
Laura is a Colorado Native and she has worked in Colorado her entire adult life. She has raised one son. In her spare time away from the practice, Laura is active in her Church and community. She enjoys cooking, swimming, watching live theatre and spending time with her family and son.